Friday, February 5, 2010

Answer #31 - Because Adventure Boy Likes Adventure

Adventure Boy says, 'I'm not worried about it!'  (cape billowing in the breeze)

But Adventure Boy ALWAYS says this.  This is the problem with being Adventure Boy.  Not enough of the peptide receptors that recognize fear as a means by which to stay alive.  Like regular humans do.

'It's a freaking snow storm!', I say. 
'Even the schools are closed.  And you know how Governor Mitch hates paying teachers anyway - but ESPECIALLY for days they're not working!  This is the real deal!'

'The Prius is great in the snow!'  (cape still billowing.  outstretched arm pointing to the west.  our destination)

'What?'  Now I'm baffled.  'Why the hell would a Prius be GREAT in the snow?  It's like a VW, only lower to the ground!'

Not that I'm complaining about my Prius.  Even with all the recalls, its the bitchinest car ever.  Great mileage, roomy, nice drive, you can sneak up on people in grocery store parking lots and scare them for fun, and just being in it feels both futuristic (cause of the cool display that tells you everything you ever wanted to know) and smugly earthy, because - you know - I care about the planet and carbon emissions, and you don't.  I know someone's got to do something about it and that someone is me.  We're in a club.  Us Prius owners.  The rest of you aren't in the club and don't care as much as we do.  Probably shop at Wal-Mart, even.  That's how much you care.

So anyway...  I'll call the venue (which is South of St. Louis) and I'll ask them how they'd feel if I'd opt NOT to drive in a snow storm. 

And then, if they say, 'Well, no we wouldn't want you to risk your lives to come and play the show we've busted our asses to put together for you, and pulled in all the favors and extortions we could to guarantee you a great audience like your agent said we had to or he'd break our knuckles, and got you that radio show and everything by telling 'em about your agent and knuckles and all, no, don't worry about it.  We'll watch 'Idol' and call it a night' - IF they say that - then before he's awake, I'll probably completely LIE and tell him they called me and cancelled the show. 

Because, you see, only one person can handle Adventure Boy. 

Teacherously Devious Girl.  (smirks evilly while coffee cup steams gently on the desk, next to blue prints of future treacheries)

2 comments:

  1. It's easy not to shop at Wal-Mart when you live out in the middle of freakin' nowhere!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.