Friday, February 26, 2010

Answer #52 - It's only a lie if you don't believe it

"She's a self-playing accordian & even when she's asleep, her quiet breathing goes a-one & a-two" -  storypeople


 My friend, Faith, sent me this line this morning. I like it but now am fixated on my breathing.
__________________________________________________

"Don’t panic.  Most things work out."  - Danielle McClelland
See full size image

Last night, Danielle, sent me this line.  2 hours later, I didn't heed it and pressed SEND anyway. 
_______________________________________________

"I'm going to move to Lubbock, take up short hand and change my name to Thelma." - Arbutus Cunningham


Having become fixated on my breathing and panicking more than once, and hitting SEND at the worst possible times, I'm contemplating Thelma as my future incarnation but just can't see myself in Lubbock.  Perhaps I'll change my name to Thelma anyway, and tell people I'm originally from Lubbock which would be a lie but entertaining.

__________________________________________________

“I always tell the truth, because then I don’t have to remember what I said.”   - B.B. King
See full size image

My friend, Carrie     quoting B.B.                        And God knows I try... but

__________________________________________________

"Songwriters are people who lie for a living." - Songwriter, Peter Mulvey

See full size image

Is more like it.                               Artistic license, right?
__________________________________________________


 
That's me with Lawrence Welk in Lubbock.  And a-one & a-two...

1 comment:

  1. This was written on my wall, high above a door by a tall Mormon of my acquaintance: "You must understand that, in my contradictions lie my honesty; I never lie, except, of course, to other people".
    There were many strange things on my wall, in between the holes. Here is one I would like to live my life by: "If you're really into it, you don't have to say you're really into it" That was from one time mayoral candidate Leon Vargian (Ask Margie & Arthur about him.)
    Chessley

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.