Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Answer #143 - you say daily, I say weakly

Tomato, tomahto.
Potato, potahto


Let's call the whole thing Blog.

No, seriously, I have something to say every damn day, but is it noteworthy?

Are you being affected?  Effected?

How's about weekly, and then it packs just that more punch?  Like Saturday Night Live or that forensic show about the pseudo-geeky girl who's a paleo-scientist in dangly earrings and pseudo-geeky dialogue.  Oh yeah, Bones.

Anyway - I could blog daily, and have faithfully done so, more or less. In the beginning, there was worth, there was point, there was a points system, there was a reason to sign on. Daily.  But now, no points system, and just me, blogging daily.  Perhaps the daily blog keeps me from mending my dog's underwear.

No. No it doesn't.  My dog doesn't wear underwear.  His tastes are Bohemian and he thinks of himself, in quiet moments, as Andy Wardog.  Underwear optional.  Silly glasses. Ultra-cool bitchin friends and lots and lots of doggy party invitations.  Amused malaise.

The point is: Weekly, well, Weekly, this could be a thing.  A weekly thing.  A weekly blog.

Let's take a poll.  Daily?  Weekly?

Let your voice be heard.

YES WE CAN.


CAN.

7 comments:

  1. I personally look forward to your daily words of wisdom. Some days, they challenge me to take a deeper look into my inner self and other days they are there just for a heart filled and much needed laugh. At least continue on until the half way mark. Then re-think. For now.....thanks for the ride. I for one have enjoyed each and every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Twas wondering when this day would come. Smart money said "sometime in June, 2010". Dumb money (my money) said "#100". You win.

    I enjoy your wordsmithing immensely. It inspires me, amuses me, challenges me and generally makes me appreciate your craft and how difficult it is to do well. For me. Not you.

    But I miss many entries. Specifically #47, #85, #105 and #121. Only got half way through #73. Phone rang or some other mundane distraction.

    If you were to post only once/week, I think I could keep up. It might be satisfying - like watching the lawn go up 2, 5, 8 inches in anticipation before whacking it all down one sunny Sunday morning.

    Another alternative might be posting whenever your muse tickles you. Or gets tipsy.

    What I'm sure of is this: when it ceases to be fun but is a dreaded chore, that's the cue to stop.

    But not a day or week or whatever before...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is one of the few highlights of my droll politically-infused day. It's a breath of fresh air, a distraction from the minutiae of amendments and committee meetings and crazy people calling us wanting us to stop the president from invading our state. It's the only way I hear from you since you don't call me (I know, phone works both ways. But the blogs get us off the hook, right?). Plus, very soon, I will have time to blog daily as well (tell you more about that over the phone) and you are inspiring me.
    Sorry to make you work, but I vote daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need my daily dose to keep me sane or at least appear sane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daily, weekly, I'll take my dose of Krista by the dropper or the shot glass. Bloggs are doin' your thing in your own words, your own way.
    Just let me know when to tune in and I'll have the popcorn ready.
    Chessley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you should post at least as much as Sarah Palin, which is about twice a week, right?
    And maybe you could show her how to spell Israel.
    http://www.thesarahpalinblog.com/2010/06/dont-trust-media-abot-isreal-flotilla.html

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daily, unless you really can't stand it anymore. Of course, I don't always get to reading it every day (life is crazy sometimes), but then I go back and gorge on a whole pile of your posts - like now. It's a little rich for one sitting, but soooo needed. . .

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.