Sunday, June 27, 2010

Answer #153 - Because rich folks like others to read to them

A large squirrel is bouncing across the lawn here at Hiram College.

Bouncing like a sine wave.
 

The venue last night had no air conditioning.  In northern Ohio this time of year, it's warm.  The moist air clung to my skin.

Clung like rain drops on glass.

I listened to Carl Hiassen romp through the Everglades while I drove.  I resisted the temptation to rent crap fiction at Cracker Barrel.  It was there, and plentiful - but I opted for Hiassen - he's no Joyce, but then I've got the attention span of a fruitfly. and let's face it, he's always up for a good time.

I nearly rented The World is Flat when I couldn't find Into Thin Air on the Cracker Barrel rack.  I will down the road.  I looked for Into Thin Air at Borders.  It was on the shelf.  It cost $40.00.

So, Why are books on CD priced outside of the reasonable market?  
$40 bucks is hard to pony up when the paperback is $12. 

For now, I'm heading out again - leaving Hiram and driving to Detroit by way of Sandusky.  The college dorm room last night, where the university housed us, was less nostalgic then you might think.

But the table full of hungover boys next to me this morning, talking last night's Crown shots and the high probability that they'll head back to bed.. ah, now that takes me back.

back in time... and I feel like I did, and the world looks like it did, and there I am, like I was

like sitting at the impact point where two trains collide. Ah.. memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and I swear I'll read it.