Friday, June 4, 2010

Answer #145 - The Grail - it's what's for breakfast

Why they fly is a mystery to me.
They've all got Google on their goggles 
so it's not the view they see.
They're high, so high on China's latest toy
But from down here on my bicycle, I'm just an ugly Earthling boy. - Michael White


I've begun noticing when people 'disappear' from Facebook.

It's probably like being a junkie in a way, and noticing, in a blur of sound, color, and drool, that the junkie across the street isn't sitting by the doorway anymore.

Because face it - it's addictive.  Especially when the list of things you have to do today is a mile long.  At least.  But you're really interested, really really interested, in other people's lists... and, if you're me, what their late night snacks were.  Keeps you from getting to your own lists.

I'm peeling off the layers of something lately - the world's shifting lately - my dog's communicating more clearly, and Adventure Boy's gone alot lately.

Could this be the problem - too much time alone lately?  Well, I mean I have my dog.  Who's not a bad conversationalist, especially lately, and who loves me unconditionally, and no doubt.

But layers need peeling, and if I'm going to find the Holy Grail, I actually need to get started.  So.. Ha-zah!
I'll keep you posted.  Or maybe you'll just know by the enlightened glow and Ghandi diaper/wrap thing. Which I intend to wear once I find the thing Bono was looking for. 

3 comments:

  1. The Late Night Snacks allow me to delay getting to the real stuff. Nice they can serve the same purpose for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I noticed after Maddy died: Our on-line presence lingers after our "Real" world presence is gone, like some sort of after image impressed upon our retina when we stared at the lights too long... A painful thing really, she was gone, yet here were her words, her face, notes from friends, a life that stumbles on after the thread had been cut, until, at last, the living take the painful step of having to gain access to the sight for the express purpose of ... Erasing? Removing? forcing some server computer to do what they were designed not to do, forget.
    Chessley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Facecrack is *the* web junkie's paradise! The most meaningful conversations lie within, and enlightenment resides in the earth...the soil...the plants. Can you dig it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.