Sunday, April 18, 2010

Answer 101 - that'd be about now

The news doesn't look good.  No air traffic moving out of Europe until Tuesday.

At what point does the eruption of a volcano become a personal smiting?

Well, if you're me, then you have to conclude that pretty much everything can be taken as a personal smiting.  Sure, therapy helps a little bit - but as an old friend once said, 'just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean the *-ers aren't out to get you..'

So, did I somehow offend Loki, the trickster Norse god of fire?  It's possible that just by featuring Zeus in a blog, Loki's temper flared, and, well, we all know what a fireball he can be.


So I feature Zeus, I forget to mention Loki - and KA-PLOWIE!!  I'm stuck in Europe because of the slight.  Gods are so jealous.  Especially across cultural lines.  I mean - it's such a volatile situation between them, that you rarely ever hear of cross-cultural skirmishes.  They tend to stick to their own territories, because otherwise - well, it's not just a matter of the rising of a Kracken - no, black holes could quite literally arise - and not the little ones that those scientists in Switzerland are playing with.  Nope, great big ones that could swallow us all.

I'm feeling very responsible for this now.  I ignored the fireball meteor (warning) over Wisconsin.  I should have sung Loki's praises then.  What the hell was I thinking?!

I'm sorry everybody.  But more importantly, forgive me, Loki, oh great Norse god of fire and practical jokes, for the oversight.  I'm surrounded by goats here in the Dutch countryside and will attempt to catch one to sacrifice, or at least to snap a picture of Dave feeding a carrot to with his mouth, because he really likes to do that kind of thing.

But Zeus, for the record, this in no way diminishes your bitchinness.

That said, let's see if I can get on the plane on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Iceland is sending you smoke signals; Can't you read them? The past was buried and now it spews forth like a enema of the present. Iceland calls: Do you accept the charges? Iceland calls you accept the changes. The buried past of the earth's formation is flung into the sky to form a huge billboard; "Krista, Come to Iceland!"
    Or so it may seem.
    Have a safe trip home.
    Chessley

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.