Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Answer 104 - Increase my tithing. By alot.

In the convent in Krefeld, Germany, where we were housed the night of the show last week, there was a red button on the wall.

I'd almost forgotten.. and then Mike reminded me.

We got in late after the show, stumbling in the dark to find the light switch, Dave accidentally hit the red button on the wall, just under the carved crucifix.

A light went on.  A red light.  Dave kept hitting the button to turn it off.  We giggled, a bit, because what's a red button doing in the middle of the wall of a German convent?

KNOCK-KNOCK

A nun appeared.  Not kidding.


It was a Nun Button.

This begs several questions.  The first of them being:


How can I get a Nun Button installed in my house?

  This could come in very handy - those pesky, middle-of-the-night torture sessions that my brain likes to run me through - the ones in which I try to make sense of man's inhumanity to man and animal - injustice, atrocity, global catastrophe and the like.

I press the nun button, she shows up, pats my hand, tells me the whole thing is ineffable, and that the minds of men should be left to smaller questions.  Like what's for breakfast?  Maybe she'd hum softly.

And then I'd drift back to sleep, in the snug knowledge that the nun was just a button away... and then I'd dream sweet dreams of Belgian waffles.

and flying, of course.

5 comments:

  1. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a nun when I grew up (stop snarking). That would have been the perfect nun job for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay.. I am NOT snarking that you wanted to be a nun. I actually think it's sweet. Further, it makes perfect sense that you and I are buddies because at the cast party of 'The Sound of Music' I was voted 'Least Likely to Be a Nun.' xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog - you must spend ages getting the pictures

    I'm glad your experiences of nuns have been better than mine. I have a very grisly mental image of having to keep pressing a button every 8 hours as in "Lost" to keep a nun from appearing

    Michael (Belfast)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nun Button sounds like some terrible euphemism!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.