Sunday, April 11, 2010

Answer 94 - Tot Ziens

The island we're on this morning is called Tiengemeten.



Here's the inn we're staying at



100 people will take a ferry over to hear an American sing about the moon.  They'll drink coffee, eat soup, and walk the beautiful grounds before and after.  Nearly everyone  in Holland speaks beautiful English.  Dave speaks Spanish.  Mike speaks German.  


I'm the lone uni-lingual.  


Does this maybe explain why I talk to myself so much?


Maybe, because with only one language, my brain really has no one to talk to but me.. what with only English and the occasional French or Spanish phrase popping up like a condiment...  'vous les vous alles...'  and 'Donde esta el vino?'   


I really need a second language.  People will start looking at me funny otherwise.


I've picked one important Dutch phrase:  'War es het toilette?'


This is an important phrase at times.

















4 comments:

  1. I too am unilingual. One way I make myself sound more learned than I actually am is that I've learned to pronounce words in different ways.....backwards....'parkay margarine' (that phrase itself dates me) become 'yakrap eniragram' ...and to use different pronunciations of the same old words. Vocabulary becomes 'voca- BU- luri'....
    It only works if one says it with a big degree of authority. Spoken with uncertainty only magnifies the doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROSETTA STONE software easiest way to learn a new language.

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found out about you through a stuffed hamster, who went to your concert on the 10th. Hammie did a great job telling all about your concert, projects, and songs. And, we're excited he got to meet you!

    As a fellow Stuffy Blogger, just stopped by to ask you to go check out Hammie's post. http://hammiehamster.blogspot.com/

    And, umm, English has worked for us, so far. Only foreign words we know are foods. Okay, we know a few animal phrases, but we have warm-blooded animal friends, too. They can speak English too, but only when People aren't around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on talking to yourself Krista... because listening in is a great pleasure x

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.