Saturday, April 10, 2010

Answer 93 - Yes. And no.


There are witches in the hills, calling my name...

I met a very nice man tonight, who bought a canvas poster of the new album cover -
"'My children love your album... they asked me, very excitedly, 'are you really going to see the witch?'"


And so it happens.

You wake up in Holland, and realize that somehow you've acquired a child-sized oven and a gingerbread house.



I looked out the window this morning, and I swear, I swear, there is a broom made of switches and twigs, like any self-respecting witch would fly upon, sticking out of one of the ends of the poles that hold the clothes line up.  Like it's just waiting for me to grab it and (with a good running start) fly off and out over the North Sea.


                                      

I admit, the imagery is a little surreal on the album cover... the hair is basically always a little witchy - maybe more so lately... but, well, there's the broom.   And then the casual comment... and across the road is the Wood of the White Witch.

I knew this day would come eventually.  I just didn't think it would be this year.  I mean, I like gingerbread as well as the next guy - and, well, come on -

 the idea of tapping into some source of power wherein you could turn an enemy into a toad is an infinitely appealing idea, right? 

yes... and then again, no.

I need to face facts.

I'm just not ready for the responsibility.

Besides.  Look around.  The world has enough toads.
   

For now, red wine and cheese.  Next year, gingerbread.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Very funny! Those toads, specially that last one! Hammie Hamsters review about the concert yesterday is ready! It's in Dutch but I always translate his texts because Hammie's got a lot of English speaking friends too! Hope you'll stop by to check his blog...
    Thanks for the wonderful concert!

    Gea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny!

    Well, you ARE very spellbinding. ;-)

    I'm finishing reading Wicked. It's a very good book for turning around one's preconceived notions about withces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. witches are magical. we have been poisoned by the childhood fables with wicked witches. maybe today's youngsters will have a more favorable source of reference because of Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn... Cyndie's beaten me to it.... but you DO cast an almighty spell!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.