Thursday, April 15, 2010

Answer 98 - Because Bi-Polar Sumo Wrestlers are Scary

We rode bikes from Jipsingboertanger to Sellingen this afternoon.



There is a man-made hill, with steps leading up to a 'theatre of nature' - a metal art piece, that frames each view from the hill.  Dave stood on top of it and contemplated doing a hand-stand.  He's like that.

Each step has a snippet of a poem or a song lyric.


We met one of the authors of a step snippet, blues artist Harry Muskee, a couple of years ago, when we were doing an interview on Dutch Nat'l Radio. 






Harry has his own statue in Drenthe.  I'm glad I didn't know this when I met him.  I'd have been nervous and probably said something stupid.  Not that this would be unusual.

Why is it that meeting someone famous makes us nervous?

It's just bizarre.  And many of us react that way.  I know I do.  I can see it making more sense if that person is, say, someone with the strength of a grizzly bear and a personality disorder.  But why, otherwise?  The fight/flight response that I tend to associate with fear shouldn't really come into play in the presence of celebrity.  Nope.


However, in the presence of a Bi-polar sumo wrestler, yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and I swear I'll read it.