Thursday, March 4, 2010

Answer #58 - Right. And the Abyss is Just a Hole.

A Thursday Morning Manifesto:

No more.  Not biting.  Not going there.  Not one more shiny carrot dangled in front of me will hypnotize me into spilling my righteously indignant guts out onto a keyboard and into the virtual world.

This morning, I'm recalling the quote from Dr. Martin Luther King:  


"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. 
 No more arguments with dark souls of any sort.  Also turning in my Darth Vader helmet.  Darkness is insidious.  Sometimes the mirror can be a bit shocking.  Especially when you didn't know you had the helmet on.. and there it is.

Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, 
 No more skirmishes with hateful zealots who like the taste of blood.  No more cocktails with them, either.

violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness
 No more swatting ignorance just because I can.  Just makes it tougher and me ashamed.

in a descending spiral of destruction ... The chain reaction of evil — hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars — must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation."
I've looked into the abyss, and the abyss has looked into me, and I've decided to step back and turn on the florescent bulb.   

The abyss is only fascinating for the first 30 seconds. After that, it's just a hole.

So this morning, here's to honoring a new Manifesto and the possibility the man presented to all of us.  It's the seed of great Hope - and Hope defies the odds and lights the way.   

Nothing funny about peace, love and understanding, right?

What's funny is plunging yourself into a dark abyss of righteous annihilation wearing a Darth Vader helmet and boxing gloves.
See full size image

Just saying.






 

2 comments:

  1. Keep digging for that transcendent truth, the shadow of the hand, the finger that points, the echo of the voice.. Sleuth the clues while your Marlowe voice-over proclaims the progress of the puzzle pieces poised in placement.. “Why is it that hate comes out so easily, yet...love? It gets trapped inside.” and “Those who hate most fervently must have once loved deeply; those who want to deny the world must have once embraced what they now set on fire.”
    And for you Krista, especially for you: “I'm all done with hating you. It's all washed out of me. I hate people hard, but I don't hate them very long.”
    God, I love watching the detectives.
    Chessley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo. My intent exactly. You can write snarky, venting emails to me if I can write them to you because that HAS to come out somewhere! :-))

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.