Thursday, March 11, 2010

Answer #64 - Nyquil and moonbeams.

I'm snorting a concoction of Alka Seltzer Cold Plus, Sudafed, and Ibuprofen - with a Nyquil chaser.

I am getting increasingly agitated with the Indiana allergens and winter virus-laden air molecules.  I don't have time to be sick, and I don't have time to be unfocused. And yet, for the 3rd time in 6 months, I'm succumbing to invisible forces larger than myself which are succeeding at rapid mitosis in my sinuses.

Vast invisible forces... comprised of millions of mini monsters...

Since I can't fight them, being invisible, I'll be heading to my happy place.. the place in my mind where I sit against a live oak tree, on the side of a stream... where the stars shimmer in the warm summer sky, and there is no sound but the running water.  As I gaze up to make a wish on a shooting star, I can almost make out the outline of something malevolent crawling up my leg and heading toward my nose.


WAIT.  I'm supposed to be in my happy place.

How can I keep my happy place happy when I'm under siege?

I know! Nyquil helps my happy place stay happy...

Ah... that's better.  And the stream is a deep, emerald, Nyquil green - occasionally a blue fishy jumps languidly up and up, arcing and gently gliding back into the Nyquil, I mean water.  As I gaze up to make a wish on a shooting star, I can almost make out the outline of a happy dancing mostly invisible thingy dancing on my nose.


Happy invisible thingy.  Oh happy day in my happy place...

2 comments:

  1. We know now that being sick doesn't quell your creativity...so in fact you ARE fighting the invisible forces that penetrate airways and gang up on your wellbeing! This blog is the best medicine for the mini-monsters that have caught up with me this week....thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a neti pot, chases my monsters in all of the hard to reach places and drowns them in a salty sea.
    Chessley

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.