Friday, March 12, 2010

Answer #65 - Because Zombies are Big Box Office

The  flu officially has me.  But at least I can talk this afternoon.  I won't go on and on, but it's the second one in 6 months, like I said.  Went to Blockbuster to pick up a couple of movies to get me through the night, passed yet another Disney film, which, of course, begged the question -
  
Why is the mother in the Disney movies nearly always dead?


Dead Disney Mother -      Krista Detor (on Nyquil)

I'm the Dead Disney Mother, you find me at the movies
I'm the one who's dead and that's my part
and sure, it's been successful, this device at the box office
but I'm feeling kind of angry in my heart

Because I haven't got an agent and never merchandising
no lunch boxes have my image on the lids
no royalties or contracts, nothing catered or delivered
and I never see what happens to my kids!

I just start out dead or end up dead, or stick around a little
but I'll wind up dead, bank on it, won't make it to the middle
as the plot revolves around my husband as a single dad -
he'll raise our child, oh, all alone, and yes, isn't that sad?

But I want to SING!
I want to DANCE!
I want to ACT!
Give me a chance!
They're gonna love me, Mr. Disney
Let me live!

I'm the Dead Disney Mother, you'll find me in the forest
or the savannah or in Europe or the sea
Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel and Belle all lost me
The Hunchback, the kid from Ice Age, Simba and Bambi

Occasionally, I'm just absent, with vague explanation
but still, a motherless star is on the set
and 10 gazillion dollars later, sure you've filled up all your coffers
but you haven't seen my stuff, not yet!

I can SING!
I can DANCE!
I want a CHECK!
Gimme a chance!
They're gonna love me, Mr. Disney
Let me live!

And not in some inconsequential way like Mulan or Mary Poppins,
Homeward Bound or 100 spotted dogs (plus one!)
Even Spielberg put Dee on the marquee when he came up with his E.T. Mr. Disney, let me have some fun!!

I thought that things were changing when you hired Holly Hunter -
The Incredibles was getting on the track!
But that flaky Princess Diaries mother, with her artsy something or other frankly, she just pissed me off, in fact

I'd rather be in the coffin than make some lame decision
like deciding to conceal the fact that my only child's a princess
who'd inherit a bloody fortune and whatever the he** she wanted - a crown, a throne, a U.N. seat - you know what, you can forget this!

Mr. Disney, I'm not interested in starring in your movies
I've been studying Holly-nomics, and, in my spare time, passed the Bar
So I think a Holly-lawsuit is just what the doctor ordered not the dwarf, no Mr. Disney, this one drives a big black car..

And I can SING!
Yes I can DANCE!
But this for you?
Not a CHANCE!
Night of the Zombies II:
The Zombie Mommies
Shoulda let me live..

(Brains!)

4 comments:

  1. Wonder why it is....taking Nyquil or similar so-called cold and flu symptom suppressors never fails to dull my wit, causing neurons to misfire or just shoot blanks. But Krista Detor can be sick as a dog and loopy on medicine and still never misses a creative beat, still churning out the best and funniest stuff to make our day! Oh, yeah, and this is priceless! I think you should record it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Please record it. i've been telling my daughters this for years, ever since they entered their Disney-Princess phase at age 5. Now we all agree: Disney was a perv, and the mother ALWAYS dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed that you've inadvertently--or not-- penned your next lyric, which in the laughing world of ironies will probably be snapped up by Disney and or Pixar, or both. Will Adventure Boy produce the track??

    Live from The Duke Forest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll add "Finding Nemo" to your list of dead mothers.
    Chessley

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.