Friday, March 19, 2010

Answer 72 - And I don't mean £

To Adventure Boy's delight, I'm not much of a backseat driver when we're in the UK.

I can't afford to be.  I'm confused by being on the wrong side of the car, for one thing.  The wrong side of the road is just the element that puts most of my brain pan on 'tilt' and I tend to quietly drool while watching the English countryside blur by.

Adventure Boy can drive a stick shift, from the wrong side of the car, on the wrong side of the road, with the wrong hand.

I am very impressed by this, but still stay in such a state of panic as I speed along, that my brain simply can't make the connection to my mouth, in order that I let him know the best route to take, the best speed to go, and the best way to signal well in advance of a turn.

Consequently, he absolutely loves driving in the U.K.  And who wouldn't?

It's rainy in England today.   Ah, but then it wouldn't be England if it weren't... my 5th time on these shores and it feels like home now.  Even with my hair puffed to 3 times its normal size.  We're in walking distance to the Greenwich Meridian Line - Longitude 0, the center of all World Time.  Pretty auspicious, being here at the center of the world.


Today's only question is:  Where is the pound/number symbol on a UK keyboard?

If you know, please tell me.  For now - off to the market to walk the aisles and look at all the strange and shiny packages.  Mmmm... mince...

3 comments:

  1. It's an ALT code on the US keyboard:

    RightAlt then 156 on the numeric keypad, not the top numbers. That's RightAlt 156

    Live from Duke Forest

    ReplyDelete
  2. (cont'd...) assuming it's prolly the same on a UK keyboard.

    Duke Forest

    ReplyDelete
  3. (cont'd) okay, so I missed the whole irony thing completely, but it's Friday and go-juice is swirling in my blood. Feel free to DEL. Heh.

    Duke Forest

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.