Sunday, March 28, 2010

Answer 81 - Road Space

Where am I?

I've entered road space now.


It's a place that exists between hyperspace and real time.  Here's a passage from my journal:

*Insert Twilight Zone Theme Music*

No sense of day or week... not much of time or place... signs appear, I ordered the fish, delivered, battered... lights, sound, hotel...  I remember.. I remember... dogs and the smell of burning wood.  What day is it?  I'm sleeping... someone's driving... lights, sound, hotel... I think there was a ghost, or maybe it wasn't a ghost but the guitar seemed to be playing itself... was it the color of money or the color of clover, that Irish Hill... the range.. the Mournes? the Mournes mountains, yes... and sheep the color of coal... lights, sound, 'is this your first time here?', I'm in the bath.. there were birds.. lights, sound, sing...

It's Sunday and I'm in south London... foxes walk down the streets in London.  Like cats.


I may be still be dreaming, because how can foxes walk down the streets like cats?

there were sheep.. now foxes.. lights, sound, sing...

2 comments:

  1. Until you mentioned you were in south London, I was guessing you were in Haight-Ashbury circa 1967. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last I read, foxes ARE in the cat family. They are not related to dogs, but cats. So they could walk down London streets like cats, couldn't they? If *any* creature could manage to walk down London streets for all the other creatures walking down London streets.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.