Sunday, March 21, 2010

Answer 74 - Bang your head against the dashboard

What do you do when the Tom Tom dies at 1:00 in the morning, as you hit central London?

If you're us, you drive around and around the round-a-bout until one of the musicians in the car comes up with a plan.  After about 15 minutes of this, as the dizziness began to overtake all of us, Mike, the bass player, came up with a plan.

We made it back to Blackheath, where we were staying, last night, thankfully, but realized that, in this technological age, we didn't even bother bringing a map.  We have a box that talks to us and tells us when to turn right or turn left, or get on or off the M25.  Maps are antiquated.  Unless the box dies and abandons you in the middle of a strange city in the middle of the night.

Of note - during the 1-hour scramble to find our way from Central London to Blackheath last night, I counted one 24-hour McDonalds drive thru about every 3 blocks.

Also of note - the streets of London were laid out by drunken cattle drivers.

That's my take on it, anyway.

But it's worth it.  I mean, come on - it's London!

1 comment:

  1. Probably just the same McDonalds over and over as you turned in circles. I admit, I was baffled through most of this post as I thought the tom tom was part of the drum kit. We'll skip my long lecture on just why London isn't worth it. Short version: It is full of Londoners.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.