Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Answer 117 - We're running from the Law. All of us.

The travelers are everywhere.. people always on the move.  Their own subculture - their own zip code.



We've met so many now.  Yesterday, a doctor from Kenya and later, a Massage Physio-Therapist on his way to Greece.  Granted, we were at a ski resort, so this particular sect of the traveler subculture also probably walks around with great big rolls of dollar bills.. unlike other sects.

Still.. most of the people that I call close friends are travelers.

And even though I'm heading home tomorrow, to be more or less off the road for a good long time now (with weekend shows and easy runs), I know it won't be too long before I'll want to be back on it.

The change of season in Indiana helps.  But it's not quite enough.
    
  
  

Is it discomfort in our own skins that keeps us on the road looking for other skin?  Or is it just boredom with repetition?

Maybe it's neither, and I'll never have the answer.

Maybe I'll even stop asking the question one day, as I sit in another airport and smile wide at the fast-moving clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and I swear I'll read it.