Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Answer 123 - Laurie Anderson's wearing it

Dream of the Blue Turtles.  College sound track?  Maybe... it's fuzzy... that time...

There was The Secret Policeman's Third Ball... Joan Armatrading... Cocteau Twins, Bjork, and the Sundays... I was in music school, so daily there were Brahms, Bach, Wagner, Gershwin, Ives, Prokofiev, Stravinsky...


Joni Mitchell on Sundays with bagels, Leonard Cohen late at night with cheap red wine, Kurt Weill with cigarettes and vodka when I wished I were Dorothy Parker, George Crumb with coffee in tiny cups when I wished I were Simone de Beauvoir...


 Kerouac turned out to be a painter of women as either fluff, lactation or wallpaper and that was disappointing, though I never got tired of Ginsberg or Keysey...


Danced in my head to Lorca, Neruda, Marquez  and 100 Years of Solitude  “…because races condemned to one hundred years of solitude did not have a second opportunity on earth.”


Cheap prints of Magritte, Kahlo, Miro, Gougin graced the walls.

I watched Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? alone one Saturday afternoon...


and lived it a handful of years later.

But that's another story...



I wonder.. where's my blue shirt?

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooo...Laurie Anderson! Speaking of "Comprehensively developed and well-balanced in a range or variety of aspects"...you and Laurie should have been sisters...and you deserve that blue shirt! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.