Thursday, May 13, 2010

Answer 125 - to New Mexico, where the hippies are.

And on the subject of squirrels...

I want to be hopeful.  In spite of Arizona, I want to be hopeful.

But damn it if I don't live in a country where people dress up squirrels with weaponry and take their pictures.

Are Cletus and Bubba giggling themselves silly in a backyard somewhere as a squirrel attempts to remove its taped-on paws from a toy bazooka? Yuk. Yuk.

I have to assume this is against their will(s). The squirrels, I mean.  Even if it is photoshopped. I think they'd object, on ethical grounds, with slightly larger brain pans.

Where do I go with this information?

Where do any of us go with this information?

We live in a country where education is invariably in the first round of budget cuts, where oil has bled black death and war all over the world (and yes, powers my computer... but blow that for a lark, because there are many alternatives.. we just happen to be in the clutches of the icky-sticky big oilers and their oozing economic stranglehold. egads, don't get me started)-

and, in their spare time, folks are putting little tiny guns in the hands of squirrels and snapping photos for little Billy's Christmas card?

I want to be hopeful. I really do.

I suspect all these squirrel photos may come from Arizona.  Apologies to the handful of folks in Arizona who are aghast at their wacky Governor and her attempts at birthing a wacky little oligarchy. Yea! McCarthy's back and this time he's wearing a dress in PUBLIC!  Oh wait, that was J. Edgar Hoover...
                                                     
ah, it just gets so muddled - all these boys in dresses... Not that there's anything wrong with boys in dresses!  Love me some Eddie Izzard for Governor.  But then again, he's a brilliant political and historical mind.. er.. qualifications we don't so much look for in leadership these days.     
Sad really... he'd be the best dressed governor ever.

Sad, too, about Arizona these days.. the Grand Canyon's so darned pretty... I have some good friends there. Still.. I feel okay about cracking on The Grand Canyon State because we've got Mitch Daniels here in Hoosierville. And by golly he represents comic relief for days! Just ask all the teachers he just fired and libraries he's shutting down! yuk yuk.




Think I'll write a song...

I met a squirrel in Mesa
while bathing in the sun.
And oh, my heart did skip a beat
when he whipped out his gatling gun...

Probably be on the next album.

3 comments:

  1. Sad and interesting to me. My great, great, grandpa came here from County Cork in the 1840's. Now I have to wonder, did he come here legally? Were his papers in order? 'Give me your tired you poor your hungry, yearning to breathe free.' Was Emma just babbling to herself when this was written? Is there now 'no room at the inn?' I woke up with lyrics in my head this morning. Perhaps they'll roll on out in the morning sun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. IZZARD FOR PRESIDENT! That's what I say! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.