Saturday, May 8, 2010

Answer 119 and 120 - A kind quantum mechanic might know

I have so much to do.  I always do.

How can I find more time?

  The author, Dara Horn, writes - Time is created through deeds of true kindness.  Days and hours and years are not time, but merely vessels for it, and too often they are empty, until an act of generosity changes it in an instant and sends it soaring through arcs of rich seasons, moments after spinning moments of racing beauty.  And then, with a single unkind deed, a single withheld hand, time ceases to exist.. 

I'm tracing my finger down the line of my life's events.. following the tracks in the sand.  I like the idea of time as a creation of kindness/love, and almost think I've felt the time stop that the author refers to in the presence of some dark deed or idea.  At least a physical reaction that feels that way.

Of all the things we don't know, we don't know time.  Measured and grabbed at, we try to harness the breadth of the thing we can't adequately imagine, even, and then curse it for being so illusive. 

I never have enough time.  I don't have enough today - for the handful of things I'd like to get done, I can see the end of the day clearly, and the tasks won't fit into the allotted space.  And they're not specifically important, but I'd like to finish.

I think of Einstein, on days like this, when he realized that there wouldn't be enough time in the remainder of his life to get to the next big answer.

And I won't have thought a single thing as important as all that, but...

I'd like a little more time.

My plan is to do a handful of kind things today, and see if I can make more.

I know.  I know.  So, so fluffy.  So flowery.  So new age bumper sticker.

But what if it actually works?


Then I win.

3 comments:

  1. I sure would like to think kindness creates or prolongs our time here on this little marble. But even if it doesn't...I'm thinking we still win! I really don't think any of us understand the true meaning of time until we have run completely out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I'm with Atu. I think you would win anyway. I mean if we don't have TIME for kindness, perhaps we are moving through time too fast...perhaps we step 'out of time' and that is why we think we do not have enough of it. Perception. Too heady for me. I now need a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is a perception; Knowing the self, free of criticisms, is to reach into time for it's heart. The older I get the more I sense time as a depth; I'm not getting deeper, time is.. Often the depth of a person is actually time, knowledge of its beat upon the measure.. Start at C and trill up then down seek not to keep striking the same note for there is no melody in it, music is also the silence between sounds: The fingers hover like a bird of prey then strike... Waiting will be filled.
    Or you could give up sleeping.
    Chessley

    ReplyDelete

Comment and I swear I'll read it.