Monday, May 17, 2010

Answer #129 - No. They'll outlive us and become the Borg

It's rained so long I can't remember when it wasn't raining.

I think it was Bremen, Germany.  In March.

Yeah... there was the carnival at night...


It was sunny that day and Dave got his hair cut by a girl with bright pink hair.  There was no toilet in the shop that customers could use.  I had to go to the 4th floor of a nearby shopping mall and walked through the sqaure afterward.  I bought chocolates and ate them before I got back to Dave and the pink-hair girl.

Guilty pleasures... nice even in recollection...

I'm back in Indiana and it's rained forever.  The grass is long again, the dog is lost in it again, Gracie, the neighbor dog, has taken up permanent residence on my living room rug, where it's dry, and the ants have found a hole in the window trim.  Little tiny black ants.

Every time I see ants, I think of the film Angels & Insects... wonderful film.  Dark and wicked eye candy -
    with much in the way of viable information on the workings of ant colonies.  Fascinating, organized, war-like creatures.  We'd be doomed if they began rapid evolution.

Or are they doomed because we've managed it?

Today, they're alive and well, and happily hauling bits of  raspberry jam off my counter.  Warm and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and I swear I'll read it.